Citizens of India
Thai Visa is not needed for citizens of India
Permit to stay up to 15 days under the “Visa on Arrival Rule”. Visa on Arrival is obtained at the designated immigration checkpoints and international airports in Thailand. Travelers must submit application form, photos, proof of confirmed itinerary and proof of funds. Currently, Siam Legal visa services for longer visits do not cover the citizens and residents of India.
Note: Citizens of India residing or staying in the US, UK, Australia and EU countries, please contact our 24/7 customer support or email us for visa options. While we cannot process your visa request, travelers should take note of the following advice:
Check the current validity of your passport
You will need a passport valid for at least six months following your departure date. It is also recommended that your valid passport have at least two un-used pages remaining, for any necessary entry and exit stamps that may be issued.
Thailand Visa options for visits longer than 15 days:
- Tourism purposes only, not for Business or Employment purposes
- Allowed to stay up to 30 or 60 days
- Extension allowed at the immigration office
EDUCATION (Non-immigrant “ED” Visa)
- Study in Thailand
- Allowed to stay up to 90 days or 1 year and apply for extension of stay in Thailand
BUSINESS (Non-immigrant “B” Visa)
- Conduct Business or Employment by Thai Company
- Allowed to stay up to 90 days for single then apply for extension of stay in Thailand
MARRIAGE (Non-immigrant “O” Visa)
- Married to Thai National
- Income of THB 40,000 or bank account of THB 400,000, or Combination
- Allowed to stay up to 90 days or 1 year and then apply for extension in Thailand
RETIREMENT (Non-immigrant "O" or “OA” Visa)
- Must be 50 years or older
- Pension of 65,000 THB or 800,000 THB in Thai bank, or Combination
- Allowed to stay up to 90 days or 1 year and then apply for extension of stay in Thailand
DEPENDENT/GUARDIAN (Non-immigrant “O” Visa)
- Dependent or immediate family of foreigners holding non-immigrant visas
- Guardian or immediate family of a Thai child or student foreign child
- Allowed to stay up to 90 days and then apply for extension of stay in Thailand
*** Citizens of India and foreign citizens residing in India must apply for a visa to Thailand in person at the nearest embassy or consulate of Thailand in India. Please note, application procedures and fees may vary by location.
For the information about requirements for other types of non-immigrant visa and for other purposes not listed above, kindly contact the Thai embassy or consulate:
Frequently Asked Questions
To get a visa on arrival, how much is the required minimum fund that I need to show the immigration checkpoints as means of living expenses?
THB 10,000 per person
If I will travel with my three kids who are 10, 12 and 14 years of age, does that require each one a THB 10,000, which will total to THB 40,000 for all of us?
It’s THB 20,000 per family accordingly.
How many days will I get for the visa on arrival?
You will be granted 15 days.
What if I want to stay in Thailand for more than 15 days, can I file an application for extension?
Generally, you cannot file an application of extension to stay except in special cases such as illness which can prevent you to travel, etc.
So where do I validate if I can stay longer in Thailand, and where do I file the application of extension for my stay?
You can submit an application at the Office of Immigration Bureau, Immigration Division 1, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210
I have obtained a visa on arrival. I am applying for an extension but the date of expiry in the visa is no longer visible/ readable/ has not been included. What do I do to fix this?
In this case, please bring your passport to the Visa Division, Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Chaengwattana Road in Bangkok. If the visa is genuine, you can obtain any corrections or amendments of visa there.
How do I prove that I have the enough funds?
It can be either in the form of cash or credit card.
What kind of visa debit card can I use?
This must be confirmed with the bank if your account with them is recognized in Thailand.
I want to get married in Thailand. Right now, I’m still in India. What visa do I need?
You have to apply for a long-term visa first before getting married in Thailand. Please contact your Royal Thai Embassy in India regarding this matter.
I’m planning to go to Thailand and I am holding an Indian passport. What are the requirements to get a visa on arrival?
- THB 1,000 for the application fee.
- Proof of accommodation
- Return ticket usable within 15 days since the date of entry
- At least USD 500 or 10,000 THB as proof of funds in a form of cash or credit cards.
I am an Indian and I just finished my study in Bangkok. Now I want to work with a company in Chiang Mai. Do I need to do anything?
You need to apply for a change of visa status, and apply for a Work Permit. You are therefore recommended to consult with the Immigration Office and the Department of Employment accordingly.
I lost my passport yesterday. What should I do?
First, you need to go to a police station to report that you lost your passport. Then you need to go to your Embassy in Bangkok for an issuance of new passport or temporary travel document. Finally, you need to bring the new passport or travel document to the Immigration Office for an endorsement.
You need to apply for a new visa on your new passport before coming to Thailand next time.
Is the requirement to get a visa on arrival the same for an Indian who is below 19 years of age?
Please contact your Royal Thai Embassy in India regarding this matter.
Thailand Immigration Checkpoints which provide facilities for issuance of visa on arrival:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Muang International Airport , Bangkok
- Chiangmai International Airport , Chiangmai
- Phuket International Airport , Phuket
- Hatyai International Airport , Songkhla
- U Tapao Airport , Rayong
- Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
- Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
- Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
- Betong Immigration Checkpoint , Yala
- Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint , Songkhla
- Samui Airport , Surat Thani
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint
- Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok
- Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint , Chonburi
- Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint , Rayong
- Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
- Samui Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani
- Phuket Immigration Checkpoint , Phuket
- Satun Immigration Checkpoint , Satun
- Krabi Immigration Checkpoint , Krabi
- Songkhla Harbour Immigraion Checkpoint , Songkhla
- Chiangrai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
- Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani