Thailand Visa Application

Citizens of India

Citizens of India who wish to visit Thailand for a period not exceeding 15 days can obtain a visa (Visa on Arrival) from the designated channels of Immigration checkpoints in Thailand that provide facilities for issuance of the aforementioned visa.

Currently, Siam Legal visa services do not cover the local citizens and permanent residents of India.

Please note that you must be in possession of the following if you wish to visit Thailand:

  1. A valid passport.

    You will need a passport valid for at least 6 months following your departure date, with at least 2 remaining unused pages for any necessary entry and exit stamps that may be issued.

  2. Visa on arrival application form with recent photo (4cm x 6cm).

    The fee for the application is THB 1,000.

  3. A confirmed travel itinerary or fully-paid ticket usable within 15 days from entry date.
  4. Proof of accommodation and funds of at least THB 10,000 per person and THB 20,000 per family.

If you wish to get an extension (for Visa on arrival) and stay longer in Thailand beyond the allowed 15 days, you need to submit an application to the immigration office in Bangkok. See office details below.

Office of Immigration Bureau
Immigration Division 1, Government Center B
Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi
Bangkok, Thailand 10210
Tel 0-2141-9889

Thailand Visa Option

For citizens of India who are residing and staying in the UK, USA, Australia, Canada and some EU countries, please contact our 24/7 Customer Support or email us to find out how you qualify for other Thai visa options.

We may be able to assist you when you meet the eligibilities on the following:

  • Tourism purposes only, not for business or employment purposes.
  • Duration of stay for 30 or 60 days.
  • Extension allowed for another 30 days.
EDUCATION (Non-immigrant "ED" Visa)
  • Study visits and training sessions in Thailand.
  • Term visa of 90 days travel (single entry) and then 1 year travel to Thailand (multiple entries).
BUSINESS (Non-immigrant "B" Visa)
  • Conduct business or employment by Thai company.
  • Term visa of 90 days travel (single entry) and then 1 year travel to Thailand (multiple entries).
MARRIAGE (Non-immigrant "O" Visa)
  • Married to Thai national.
  • Income of THB 40,000 or bank account of THB 400,000, or combination.
  • Term visa of 90 days travel (single entry) and then 1 year travel to Thailand (multiple entries).
RETIREMENT (Non-immigrant "O" or "OA" Visa)
  • Must be 50 years or older.
  • Pension of 65,000 THB or 800,000 THB in Thai bank, or combination.
  • Term visa of 90 days travel (single entry) and then 1 year travel to Thailand (multiple entries).
  • Dependent or immediate family of foreigners holding non-immigrant visas.
  • Guardian or immediate family of a Thai child or student foreign child.
  • Term visa of 90 days travel (single entry) and then 1 year travel to Thailand (multiple entries).

Local citizens and/or foreign nationals settled in India who wish to apply for any type of visa mentioned above must apply in person at the nearest Royal Thai embassy or consulate in India. Please note that application procedures and fees may vary depending on your location.

For the information about requirements for other types of non-immigrant visa and for other purposes not listed above, kindly contact the Royal Thai embassy or consulate.

Thai Embassy, India
56-N, Nyaya Marg
New Delhi, India 110021

+91-11 2611-5678
+91-11 2611-8103
+91-11 2611-8104

+91-11 2688-3235
+91-11 2687-2029



Is there any grounds or factors for my application (for extension to stay longer than 15 days) to get denied or approved?
The result of your request for visa on arrival extension is at the discretion of officer from the immigration bureau. Generally, you cannot file an application of extension to stay except in special cases such as illness which can prevent you to travel, etc.

I have obtained a visa on arrival. I am applying for an extension but the date of expiry in the visa is no longer visible/ readable/ has not been included. What do I do to fix this?
In this case, please bring your passport to the Visa Division, Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Chaengwattana Road in Bangkok. If the visa is genuine, you can obtain any corrections or amendments of visa there.

How do I prove that I have the enough funds?
It can be either in the form of cash or credit card.

What kind of visa debit card can I use?
This must be confirmed with the bank if your account with them is recognized in Thailand.

I want to get married in Thailand. Right now, I am still in India. What visa do I need?
You have to apply for a long-term visa first before getting married in Thailand. Please contact your Royal Thai Embassy in India regarding this matter.

I am an Indian and I just finished my study in Bangkok. Now I want to work with a company in Chiang Mai. Do I need to do anything?
You need to apply for a change of visa status, and apply for a Work Permit. You are therefore recommended to consult with the Immigration Office and the Department of Employment accordingly.

I lost my passport yesterday. What should I do?
First, you need to go to a police station to report that you lost your passport. Then you need to go to your Embassy in Bangkok for an issuance of new passport or temporary travel document. Finally, you need to bring the new passport or travel document to the Immigration Office for an endorsement. You need to apply for a new visa on your new passport before coming to Thailand next time.

Is the requirement to get a visa on arrival the same for an Indian who is below 19 years of age?
Please contact your Royal Thai Embassy in India regarding this matter.

Local Office Numbers:
Bangkok: 02-259-8100
Phuket: 076-326-322
Chiang Mai: 053-818-306
Pattaya: 03-300-8830
International Numbers:
US: 1-877-252-8831
UK: 0207-101-9301
Australia: 128-015-5273
Thailand: +66 2259-8100
Thai Visa Application Guide
Find the appropriate visa for you and what are the qualifications. Get your legal guide now!